Friday, March 16, 2012

I understand the goals of the water treatment equipment, and the function of the live rock filter. I'm planning for a high intensity lighting system so I can keep a wide variety of corals, hence water quality is paramount.

Ok  a "wide variety of corals" will have a equally wide variety of demands. As you know I am not a proponent of extreme wattage, which has been one of the reasons for doing my survey Id suggest to have a look at that.

Anyway, again I would recommend easier to keep corals and usually...the higher the light requirements the more difficult to keep. For example a HL SPS tank will consume a heck of allot of calcium, so a calcium reactor may be in order and depending on your physical location the heat from the lamps and pumps usually transfer to the water so If your in this league.. a chiller may also be called for.

 Keep in mind a wide variety can really be *a wide variety* but the long term costs of operation is damn costly Believe me!!

Simplified Reefkeeping